Arctas atracts professionals that have gravitated towards complex, challenging and novel projects in their careers and have also been associated with a number of industry firsts or superlatives.
The principals have a track record of identifying trends and special opportunities and completing/closing them successfully.
Innovative Accomplishments (at time they were completed) Include:
- Largest wind power project in Central America
- First US cogen/QF to be financed in the capital (i.e., junk bond) markets
- First sale of a portfolio of independent cogen plants to a regulated utility
- Largest greenfield non-utility power plant to receive non-recourse project financing
- Largest cogeneration project in the world
- First integrated LNG terminal & power plant; also first to be fully gas/oil/LNG switchable
- First project-financed independent power plant in Central America and first to be barge-mounted
- Largest domestic energy infrastructure project in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- First energy infrastructure project in Palestine
- Largest thermal power plant in Panama; first to use gas turbine generators
- First portfolio of multi-national “developing country” energy facilities to IPO in the US
- Largest independent power company in the Philippines
- Sale of 50 percent interest in largest independent power producer in North Asia